That’s What She Said: 7 Women Who Will Blow You Away
Saturday, October 5, 2013, at 7:30pm |
Seven incredible speakers, including four local women, will share their unheard, remarkable stories in seven-minute increments. The featured women, who range from age 20 to age 85, will bring their personal stories to the stage to encourage women to live fearlessly and embrace who they are.
That’s What She Said was founded by Kerry Rossow, Casey Wakefield, and Jill Youse, who wanted to make a difference for women in the Champaign-Urbana community. The show was inspired by TED talks, a global speaker series focused on “ideas worth spreading.” A portion of the proceeds will benefit local women’s charities.
The following women will give these seven-minute talks:
• Keesha Beckford, blogger/mom: Searching for the Skinny Mirror
• Erin Donovan, writer/comedian: I’m Gonna Kill Him
• Angela Shelton Kail, author/actor/orator: Bang a Gong
• Nicole Knepper, LCPC/MA/author: 45 Minutes
• Kerry Rossow, humor author/local streaker: Naked on Healey Street
• Nicole Leigh Shaw, author/typo artist: My Father, Whose Name Art Kevin
• Peyton Stewart, art student/aspiring rapper: Are You Okay?
• Casey Wakefield, cause entrepreneur: This Might Surprise You
Special guest: Vennie Ewing
Special guest: Ruth Latham, age 85
Guest artist: Karyl Wackerlin
This program includes adult themes and content and is not meant for children.
This event will last approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Community partners include Armstrong Lumber, Busey, Caitlin at M. J. Reed Jewelers, Checkered Moon, Circles Boutique, Dixon Graphics, Dr. Jeremy Youse in Christie Clinic’s Department of Dermatology, HouseTalkN, The McDonald Group Real Estate Company, O’Brien Toyota, NEOI Marketing, and Stevie Jay Broadcasting.
Presented by Krannert Center and Christie Clinic